International Communities Organisation (ICO) empowers communities, guided by its vision of self-development and the values of development and human rights.
It fosters an environment where cultures are respected, and organisations within these communities are free to pave the way for their own development.
ICO engages states and civil society, to give people access to the rights set out in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR). It supports local development through increasing employment, supporting businesses and engaging in large infrastructure projects, with the goal of meeting internationally set standards in education, work, health, and adequate standards of living.
Through ICO activities, we are establishing various regional units to advocate and support the dissemination of guidelines, and encourage public engagements to facilitate self-development claims such as
- Funding local institutions at a town, country, city or regional level
- The inclusion of all segments of society
- Investing in local businesses and rural job creation
- Education and training at the community, business, non-profit bodies and local political leaders including next generations
- Identification of techniques for negotiations processes